[mou] Hooded Warblers and others, Scott/Dakota Counties

Bob Dunlap rmdbird@mn.rr.com
Sat, 17 May 2003 12:18:41 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C31C6E.73BB7070

I birded this gorgeous morning at Murphy-Hanrehan Park in Scott and =
parts of Dakota Counties.  I found 13 warbler species in the park, the =
most exciting being the Hoodeds and Ceruleans.  The Cerulean Warblers =
were quite vocal this morning between markers 1,2,3, and 4, offering =
pretty good looks.  I found 3 Hooded Warblers in the park: one heard and =
seen between markers 3 and 4, and two heard near marker 9.  Also at =
marker 9 was an Acadian Flycatcher. =20
Along the main road (Cnty. Rd. 75), I heard a Sandhill Crane calling =
from somewhere.  A single Lark Sparrow was also along the road, and a =
male Orchard Oriole was in the trees of the trailhead parking lot.
Get out and enjoy the weather!
-Bob Dunlap, Carver County

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C31C6E.73BB7070

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I birded this gorgeous morning at =
Murphy-Hanrehan=20
Park in Scott and parts of Dakota Counties.&nbsp; I found 13 warbler =
species in=20
the park, the most exciting being the Hoodeds and Ceruleans.&nbsp; The =
Cerulean=20
Warblers were quite vocal this morning between markers&nbsp;1,2,3, and =
4,=20
offering pretty good looks.&nbsp; I found 3 Hooded Warblers in the park: =
one=20
heard and seen between&nbsp;markers 3 and 4, and two heard near marker =
9.&nbsp;=20
Also at marker 9 was an Acadian Flycatcher.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Along the main road (Cnty. Rd. 75), I =
heard a=20
Sandhill Crane calling from somewhere.&nbsp; A single Lark Sparrow was =
also=20
along the road, and a male Orchard Oriole was in the trees of the =
trailhead=20
parking lot.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Get out and enjoy the =
weather!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Bob Dunlap, Carver=20
County</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C31C6E.73BB7070--