[mou] Kentucky Warbler, Blue Earth Co.

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Sat, 17 May 2003 21:45:34

Today Leslie Marcus, Susan Schumacher and I saw a Male Kentucky Warbler at 5:30 pm, at Williams Nature Center, in Blue Earth County.  As soon as we headed up to the trails we heard him singing loud and clear, and just followed his song on the Lloyd Vollmer Trail North Loop.  He was singing just off the path out in the open repeatedly, and we just stood still enjoying the sight of this beautiful Warbler out in the sunshine for 10 minutes.

In Blue Earth County, Williams Nature Center is on State 68, 0.7 mile west of US 169.  We also enjoyed the Common Nighthawks, and their "peent" call out in numbers today.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com