[mou] the migration in general

Elijah Parker elijahparker@tds.net
19 May 2003 12:29:50 -0500

I agree that migration seems slow.  Last Saturday I had 62 species but
only 4 warblers (around the cities).  I found it interesting, though, in
central MN (Cass County), I had 10 warblers in good numbers, with
especially high numbers of Blackburnian Warblers and Ovenbirds.  I've
never seen so many Blackburnians before, and the Ovenbirds were singing
incessantly from everywhere.  Last Friday while eating breakfast, a
Blackburnian appeared in a spruce just fifteen feet from the window,
providing great views without binoculars!  Also seen in Cass County were
Yellow Warblers, Palm Warblers, Pine Warblers, Nashville Warblers,
Chestnut-sided, Yellow-rumped, Black-and-white, and Blackpoll.  No
Redstarts yet, though.