[mou] Backyard warbler count (Murray)

bluestem@dtgnet.com bluestem@dtgnet.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 16:01:15 -0400

Yesterday late afternoon after the rain left and strong north winds swept
in, I spent an hour in my backyard in a calm spot to check out the
"yardbirds"=20
Forty-one species presented themselves along with 11 types of warblers=2E
There seemed to be many Yellows, a Black and White climbing the trunk of a=
ash, Wilson's, Blackburnian, Pine, Canada, Blackpoll(2-3), Tennessee(many)=
,
Yellowthroats(lots) , Yellow rumped, and Myrtle=2E All of them seemed very=

fond of my budding box elders and blooming split-leaf hawthorn=2E Also an
Orchard Oriole pair, lots of flycatchers, Least and (I'm not good with
these guys) yellow breasted ones=2E I also have a Baltimore oriole that is=

very different looking=2E It has the exact markings of a male but is a sha=
de
lighter and his head is very motled orange and black=2E Hybrid or just a d=
ark
female?=20
Great afternoon for my backyard=2E
Janet