[mou] Winter Birds in MN

jarneson jarneson@arnesongroup.com
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:24:19 -0800

Thank you to all who responded to my request for information about Tree
Sparrows, Snow Buntings and redpolls. I didn't have a chance to get out
a lot, but I did manage to get out for an hour and a half in the Fargo
area on a cold, windy Saturday afternoon. I saw one flock of birds which
were mostly juncos and what I identified as 1st winter Harris sparrows,
although I was puzzled that I saw no adults. Also saw a Northern Shrike
in same location.

In the Mpls area I was staying at a house in Blaine that abutted a
small, mostly deciduous woodlands. Most notable observations there were
a Barred Owl and a fox.

Thanks again.=20

Jim Arneson
318 SE Jackson