[mou] Lake Pepin

KarlBardon@aol.com KarlBardon@aol.com
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:57:36 EST

--part1_140.1d971857.2cfa1bf0_boundary

On 28 November, I counted diving ducks on Lake Pepin (Goodhue and Wabasha
counties) and came up with the following: 26,000 Common Mergansers, three Hooded
Mergansers, one Red-breasted Merganser, 45 Common Goldeneye, and two Lesser
Scaup. The real attraction here is not the mergansers, but the gulls which are
attracted to the mergansers; I counted one Bonaparte's Gull, 3600 Ring-billed
Gulls, 251 Herring Gulls, four Thayer's Gulls (three adults, one
second-winter), and three Glaucous Gulls (one adult, one third/fourth-winter, and one
second-winter, an unusual number for this location).

Karl Bardon

--part1_140.1d971857.2cfa1bf0_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" F=
AMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">On 28 November, I counted diving ducks on Lak=
e Pepin (Goodhue and Wabasha counties) and came up with the following: 26,00=
0 Common Mergansers, three Hooded Mergansers, one Red-breasted Merganser, 45=
 Common Goldeneye, and two Lesser Scaup. The real attraction here is not the=
 mergansers, but the gulls which are attracted to the mergansers; I counted=20=
one Bonaparte's Gull, 3600 Ring-billed Gulls, 251 Herring Gulls, four Thayer=
's Gulls (three adults, one second-winter), and three Glaucous Gulls (one ad=
ult, one third/fourth-winter, and one second-winter, an unusual number for t=
his location).<BR>
<BR>
Karl Bardon</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERI=
F" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_140.1d971857.2cfa1bf0_boundary--