[mou] Pacific Loon, Two Harbors

Joachim Strengbom joachim.strengbom@eg.umu.se
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:26:53 -0600

Hi
Today Per Johansson and I did some birding along North shore from Duluth up
to Two Harbors. At 1.45pm we found a Pacific Loon at Burlington Bay (the
Bay NE of the lighthouse). We discovered the loon from the Harbor walk, but
moved over to 1st Street to get a better view. We studied the bird for 45
min and got some photos (not of very good quality, but you can at least see
that it is a Pacific). The bird was still at Burlington Bay when we left at
2.30pm.

In addition to the loon we also saw 4 Long-tailed Ducks at Burlington Bay
and a first yr Thayer's Gull at Agate bay (at the lighthouse).

/Joachim Strengbom

Joachim Strengbom (PhD)
Dept. of  Forest Resources
University of Minnesota