[mou] Cattle Egret - Clay County - 10/10/03

EgretCMan@aol.com EgretCMan@aol.com
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 00:56:09 EDT

-------------------------------1065848169

10/10/03

Spent most of the day in Mahnomen County, where I observed a few interesting
species.  But the wind, made things a little more difficult.  My highlight of
the day, was finding an Immature Cattle Egret at the Barnesville Sewage Ponds,
which are in Clay County.  The bird was feeding in the grass next to the main
gate of the ponds.  There were also 6 Trumpeter Swans present on an unnamed
lake in the NE corner of the intersection of Mahnomen County Road 3, 14 and
132. Tundra Swans and Snow Geese were present on several other lakes, but
waterfowl was very limited in the county.  There were also two Northern Shrikes
observed in Mahnomen County.  Here are some of the other sightings from the day.

@ Trumpeter Swan
@ Tundra Swan
@ Great Egret - Wilkin County - CR 19, 1 mile south of CR 32.
@ Cattle Egret
@ Northern Shrike
@ American Pipit
@ Brewer's Blackbird
@ Rusty Blackbird

Craig Mandel - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN

-------------------------------1065848169

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>10/10/03</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Spent most of the day in Mahnomen County, where I observed a few intere=
sting species.&nbsp; But the wind, made things a little more difficult.&nbsp=
; My highlight of the day, was finding an Immature Cattle Egret at the Barne=
sville Sewage Ponds, which are in Clay County.&nbsp;&nbsp;The bird was feedi=
ng in the grass next to the main gate of the ponds.&nbsp;&nbsp;There were al=
so 6 Trumpeter Swans present on an unnamed lake in the NE corner of the inte=
rsection of Mahnomen County Road 3, 14 and 132.&nbsp;Tundra Swans and Snow G=
eese were present on several other lakes, but waterfowl was very limited in=20=
the county.&nbsp;&nbsp;There were also two Northern Shrikes observed in Mahn=
omen&nbsp;County.&nbsp; Here are some of the other sightings from the day.</=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>@ Trumpeter Swan</DIV>
<DIV>@ Tundra Swan</DIV>
<DIV>@ Great Egret - Wilkin County - CR 19, 1 mile south of CR 32.</DIV>
<DIV>@&nbsp;Cattle Egret</DIV>
<DIV>@ Northern Shrike</DIV>
<DIV>@ American Pipit</DIV>
<DIV>@ Brewer's Blackbird</DIV>
<DIV>@ Rusty Blackbird</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=