[mou] Scoters in Duluth

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:25:22 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C39A86.187FCDF0

Birded along Brighton Beach near the Lester River I saw a small raft of =
scoters which included 4 Surf Scoters and 1 White-wing Scoter.

Knife River at the ball field produced a Western Meadowlark. This bird =
was calling quite a bit which helped a lot to ID the bird from the =
Eastern Meadowlark.

** I been birding almost everyday either at Park Pt. or along the shore =
to Knife River and I still haven't found one Pacific Loon yet. This fall =
season other than the Sage thrasher found by Jim Lind has been extemely =
inactive as far as casuals strays along the north shore or the rest of =
the state.

I am hoping November will be more active and exciting. What Lake =
Superior needs is a good ol fashion east gale storm or a nasty storm =
from the northwest to shake things up some.

Mike Hendrickson
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C39A86.187FCDF0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Birded along Brighton Beach near the =
Lester=20
River&nbsp;I saw a small raft of scoters which included 4 Surf Scoters =
and 1=20
White-wing Scoter.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Knife River at the ball =
field&nbsp;produced a=20
Western Meadowlark. This bird was calling quite a bit which helped a lot =
to ID=20
the bird from the Eastern Meadowlark.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>** I been birding almost everyday =
either at Park=20
Pt. or along the shore to Knife River and I still haven't found one =
Pacific Loon=20
yet. This fall season other than the Sage thrasher found by Jim Lind has =
been=20
extemely inactive as far as casuals strays along the north shore or the =
rest of=20
the state.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am hoping November will be more =
active and=20
exciting. What Lake Superior needs is a good ol fashion east gale storm =
or a=20
nasty storm from the northwest to shake things up some.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike =
Hendrickson</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C39A86.187FCDF0--