[mou] Prairie Falcon seen in Red Lake County

Shelley Steva crossbill7200@yahoo.com
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:44:27 -0800 (PST)

 I saw a Prairie Falcon on Saturday, October 25 around
3:30 PM. The bird was sighted just to the west of
Highway 59 about 1-2 miles north of the Clearwater
River. He appeared to be hunting for he was in a dive,
aiming for some food. I have not seen a prairie falcon
in several years, but as soon as I had seen him I
"knew" that it was one. It's size, coloring, markings
and behavior all said that this was not a merlin or a
peregrine but a prairie falcon. It was really fun
watching him going after his meal!
Unfortunately he appeared to have missed.....

Shelley Steva Pennington Co.