[mou] 2 Jaegers at Park Point (likely Parasitic)

M. Thomas Auer t_auer@lycos.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:04:36 -0600

Today, at around 3:45 pm, I saw 2 Jaegers, that were likely Parasitic, but due to the fact that I've never seen a Jaeger good enough to identify it and add it to my life list, I won't be making a guarantee. Anyway, amongst raging ENE winds and blowing rain, freezing my face off, I saw one adult and one immature bird off the Minnesota Point pier, chasing a Herring gull. Both birds had wingspans and general sizes that were 2/3-3/4 the size of the Herring Gull, and that's what leads me to say they were Parasitic. It was the best look yet I've ever had at Jaegers, but hardly decent. I'm really beginning to doubt the East wind's ability to push birds into shore at Park Point, as these birds were heading out, full bore into the vastness of Lake Superior. I'll be back there tomorrow to see if they'll stick around. Too bad their isn't some sort of Jaeger bait...

Tom Auer
Duluth, MN

FREE ADHD DVD or CD-Rom (your choice) - click here!
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;6413623;3807821;f?http://mocda2.com/1/c/563632/131726/311392/311392
AOL users go here: http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;6413623;3807821;f?http://mocda2.com/1/c/563632/131726/311392/311392
This offer applies to U.S. Residents Only