[mou] Whooper Swan/records committees and you

Jeff Price jtpbirder@yahoo.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:05:23 -0800 (PST)

There was one piece missing in my previous posting
about the importance of records committees and that is
- if there are no records there is nothing for the
committee to do.  I think the importance of written
records sometimes get lost in this day of instant
internet messaging and digital photography.  This
isn't an isloated problem.  Folks over on the Texas
birding groups are having the same discussion.

So, if you see what you think is a rare bird -
DOCUMENT IT.  Take written notes, make sketches, take
photos/video/sound recordings (but not at the expense
of the written documentation).  When you've gotten it
all prepared then make sure it gets sent to the proper
people (be it the sightings editor of the Loon or the
records committee).

=====
Jeff Price
Boulder, CO