[mou] Swainson's Thrush Wood Lake, Hennepin Co.

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:13:22

This morning Leslie Marcus, Linda Sparling, and I birded at Wood Lake Nature Center in Richfield.  The new arrival for us were the Swainson's Thrush in several locations throughout the park.  The Warblers were active and their were Ovenbirds out walking on the paths, Northern Parula, Golden-winged, and 10 other species in waves across the park.  The Philadelphia, Blue-headed, Red-eyed, and Warbling Vireos are present in good numbers.  There are extensive mudflats, and I have seen Solitary, and Spotted Sandpipers, and Lesser Yellowlegs on a regular basis.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com