[mou] Washington Co. 9/15

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 04:14:47 EDT

Lake Elmo Park was hopping with action Monday.  Of note were an increased
number of Ruby-crowned Kinglets and the 1st I've seen this fall of a
Yellow-rumped Warbler.  I also saw White-throated and Lincoln's Sparrows, among others.  A
Great Horned Owl treated me to nice looks as iit stirred up the Northern
Flickers on the west side of Eagle Point Lake.
Lake Elmo Park is north of Hwy 94.  Take the Keats Av./Cty 19 exit east of
the 694/494 split and go north.  You'll get to the park in about one mile.  I
typically park in the 1st lot you come to on the left and hike the trails around
Eagle Point Lake.
Gorgeous, good birding!
Linda Sparling
Hennepin County