[mou] Fwd: [TEXBIRDS] Corpus Christi Hawk Watch, 09/17 (Hawk Ridge mentioned)

Chris Fagyal Chris.Fagyal@udlp.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:53:15 -0500

In case anyone is interested, one of the Texas Hawk Watch places
mentioned Hawk Ridge in their daily Hawk updated they post to Texbirds
and Birdchat.

Chris Fagyal
Senior Software Engineer
United Defense, L.P.
Fridley, MN
(763) 572-5320
chris.fagyal@udlp.com

>>> Patty Waits Beasley <patty@CCBIRDING.COM> 09/17/2003 23:58:56 PM

---> Texbird help file http://www.texbirds.org <---

September 17, 2003

Greetings all!

Taylor's report from the hill:

Not much to tell... Today we had overcast skies and a strong east wind
all
day, and we didn't see any hawks until after 2pm normal time.  There
were
numerous Baltimore orioles around, and we got good looks at the
yellow-breasted chat and the olive sparrow in the morning.  We also saw

flocks of several hundred white pelicans.  Today's total is 8 hawks..2
Ospreys
6 Mississippi kites, about 30 feet overhead moving slowly.

We ended up closing the watch 45 minutes early because of an
approaching
storm.  We had been drizzled on in the AM also, but not enough to close

down.  Temperatures today were very pleasant as it was almost never
sunny
and practically dark a few times.

Thanks, Taylor. Another soggy day here and there around the Coastal
Bend.
Forecasters say tomorrow will be more of the same, with another front
due
in this weekend.

Congratulations to Hawk Ridge in Minnesota for breaking their
broadwinged
hawk record wide open on Monday, September 15th (www.hawkridge.org)!
102,000+ hawks winged through their watch Monday, and are now headed
our
way. Depending on weather, and we might be seeing those same hawks over
our
watch about mid-next week. A Hazel Bazemore Chocolate Salute to Hawk
Ridge!

Season totals to date:
0 ..........Black vulture
0 ..........Turkey vulture
35 .........Osprey
20 .........Swallow-tailed kite
0 ..........White-tailed kite
9531 .......Mississippi kite
0 ..........Bald eagle
4 ..........Northern harrier
2 ..........Sharp-shinned hawk
12 .........Cooper's hawk
0 ..........Northern goshawk
8 ..........Red-shouldered hawk
14738.......Broad-winged hawk
125 ........Swainson's hawk
14 .........Red-tailed hawk
0 ..........Ferruginous hawk
2 ..........White-tailed hawk
0 ..........Short-tailed hawk
0 ..........Zone-tailed hawk
1 ..........Harris's hawk
0 ..........Rough-legged hawk
0 ..........Common black hawk
0 ..........Golden eagle
44 .........American kestrel
4 ..........Merlin
9 ..........Peregrine falcon
1 ..........Prairie falcon
1 ..........Aplomado falcon
10..........Crested caracara
1 ..........Unknown accipiters
14 .........Unknown buteos
1 ..........Unknown falcons
0 ..........Unknown eagles
11 .........Unknown raptors
------------------------
24,588 Season total to 09/17/03

Cheers,
Patty Waits Beasley
Corpus Christi, TX
Our 2003 Crew: Joel Simon, Taylor Ellis, Ricardo Perez.
Update your links!! All reports and much more information and even
videos
are on our web site. Drop on by the Texas Hawk Watches web site at
http://www.ccbirding.com/
-.-Spam and virus filtered by modusMail using Norman virus engine.-.-
For answers to questions about this list, as well as current Texas
Birding Links, visit the Texbirds Reference Page at
http://www.texbirds.org

**********CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE**********
The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
privileged and is intended for the sole use of the individual or
organization named above.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
authorized representative of the intended recipient, any review, copying
or distribution of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, is prohibited.
immediately by return e-mail and delete this message from your system.