[mou] Pat Redig @ MRVAC 9/25/03

Steve Weston Steve Weston" <sweston2@comcast.net
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:18:35 -0500

Dr. Pat Redig, the director of the Minnesota Raptor Center will be the featured speaker at the Minnesota River Valley
Audubon Chapter meeting this Thursday (9/25/03) at 7:30 at the Minnesota River Valley National Wildlife Refuge Vistors'
Center.

Dr. Redig presentation, "The Story of the West Nile Virus" will recount the devastating impact of the West Nile virus on
raptors and other birds.  He is a nationally recognized expert on this and has made presentations to conferences on this
topic around the country.  He will explain the Raptor Center's efforts to develop a cutting edge recombinant DNA vaccine to
protect captive and potentially even wild birds.  The presentation should exceed anything available in recent media reports
and journals on the scale and scope of the impact of the disease. He will also speculate on the future course of the
disease.

Please,  join us  at 7:30 p.m. at the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge Visitors' Center in Bloomington.  Please
come at 7:00pm for the social period with coffee, cookies and committee exhibits.  There is no admission and all are invited
to join us.

Directions:  The Visitors' Center is right across from the airport.  Take the 34th Avenue exit off of I-494 and head south
(away from the airport).  Turn east (left) at the first traffic light after the entrances to I-494 (80th Street) and follow
the road to the Visitors' Center.  There are signs directing you on I-494 and along the route.
Any questions?  You can e-mail me or see our newsletter at: http://home.comcast.net/~mrvac/trumpeter.htm or you can visit
our website:
www.mrvac.org .

Steve Weston on Quigley Lake in Eagan