[mou] Pelicans at Lake Byllesby

Kelly Larson larson@redwing.net
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:20:50 -0500

Stopped by the public boat landing at the west end? of Lake Byllesby in
Dakota Co. Monday afternoon around 4:15. I was thrilled to witness a
raft of American White Pelican appear from around a point and cross the
bay in a beautiful flotilla. I counted 12o in all. Scanned for ducks
with a scope, good rafts pretty far out, but bobbing to fast in the
waves for my novice waterfowl skills. I did make out:
Hooded Merganser
Scaup - many
Canvas Back or Redhed - many (to much bobbing up and down)
1 Horned Lark in a dry field nearby

--
Kelly Larson
Feathered Friend Wild Bird Store

The 3rd Annual Great River Birding Festival Is Coming...
Hosted by Wabasha, MN on May 14-15-16 2004.
http://www.mississippi-river.org/birding/

Visit Our Website
http://www.thefeatheredfriend.com