[mou] Early Migrants

Kelly Larson larson@redwing.net
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:03:50 -0500

    After my last embarrassment over the early Rose-breasted Grosbeaks I
am somewhat reluctant to post this. But I trust the good  people of this
list will help with this sighting.
    One of my regular, avid bird feeding customers rushed in today to
report that "her" Scarlet Tanagers were back. She insists they a Scarlet
Tanagers, that they pass through every spring hanging around for several
days before continuing on, and that they are a full two weeks early.
They feed from oranges and nectar feeders in several yards including
hers.
    Please, if anyone thinks there might be a chance this sighting is
valid could you check it out? Is there any other bird it could be? The
location is easy...downtown Welch, right across from the float tube
rental.
    Thanks,

Kelly Larson
Feathered Friend Wild Bird Store
3rd Annual Great River Birding Festival
2nd Annual Great River Morel Festival
2nd Annual Great River Eagle Spot Festival
Red Wing, MN
651-267-1001

The 3rd Annual Great River Birding Festival Is Coming...
Hosted by Wabasha, MN on May 14-15-16 2004.
http://www.mississippi-river.org/birding/

Visit Our Website
http://www.thefeatheredfriend.com