[mou] Amazing Pelicans

eckma001 eckma001@umn.edu
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:50:41 CDT

On Sunday I saw a small flock of about thirty White Pelicans just to the
south of Forest Lake.  One had a fish cross-ways in its bill.  They were
flying low, right up and over I 35, toward the lake on the opposite side of
the road.  There is also an active Bald Eagle nest just east of I-35 a mile
or two north of the I-35 split.  It is visible from the freeway.  If you
are in the Rush City area you can see hundreds of Common Mergansers on
north end of East Rush Lake (around LaBelle Isle).
Karlyn Eckman