[mou] White faced ibis

Dan & Sandy Thimgan thimgan@digitaljam.com
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:15:28 -0500

A White-faced Ibis is still being seen near Fergus Falls in Otter Tail
County.  We observed it today (Tuesday) from about 2:00 - 2:30.

Today the bird was on the south side of the wetland, not on the road side.
He was "fraternizing" with 4-5 egrets and seemed very comfortable, while the
egrets would fly and then return to their spot.    White perimeter markings
on face are distinct.  We took a few more pics for verification.

Directions once again:
>From Fergus Falls, travel west out of town on County Road 15.  Follow this
meandering road about 3 or 4 miles until you see an old school house on the
right side of the road.  Turn right (west) onto 210th Street  (you'll go
right by the schoolhouse) and follow for 1/2 mile.  The wetland favored by
the Ibis is on the south side of the road.  As a reference, there's a farm
on the north side of road numbered #13819.

Get out there and see this bird!
Sandy and Dan Thimgan
Otter Tail County
--