[mou] Louisiana Waterthrush-Houston Co.

Richard Hoyme RHoyme@msn.com
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:58:31 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_08C2_01C42A2E.22DA4A90

Louisiana Waterthrush have returned to Beaver Creek Valley State Park. I =
saw or heard 4 maybe 5 individuals in two areas. The first one was on a =
trail I rarely take. The main trail splits a short ways out and I =
usually take the left trail, but this time I took the right trial =
(something rock trail?) there is a little bridge that goes down hill. As =
I stepped on the bridge a small bird flushed up to a tree and gave a =
loud chip note. I was pretty sure it was "the bird". It sat in a tree =
chipping which made it easy to find and sure enough, it was the =
waterthrush. As I moved on a second bird flew towards the first and =
started chipping. I also thought I heard a third chip from another =
direction.=20

When I returned to the parking lot, I heard another waterthrush singing =
this time to the right of the bridge as you face the parking lot. =
Another waterthrush a little farther up was chipping as the other sang.

other recent arrivals - Eastern Towhee, Field Sparrow, Orange-crowned =
Warbler. Only a couple of shorebirds in Houston Co. Both Yellowlegs and =
Snipe near Wildcat Landing.

Rick Hoyme
Hennepin County

------=_NextPart_000_08C2_01C42A2E.22DA4A90

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2737.800" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: =
normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: =
none"=20
leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text" CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" =
/><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" />
<DIV>Louisiana Waterthrush have returned to Beaver Creek Valley State =
Park. I=20
saw or heard 4 maybe 5 individuals in two areas. The first one was on a =
trail I=20
rarely take. The main trail splits a short ways out and I usually take =
the left=20
trail, but this time I took the right trial (something rock trail?) =
there is a=20
little bridge that goes down hill. As I stepped on the bridge a small =
bird=20
flushed up to a tree and gave a loud chip note. I was pretty sure it was =
"the=20
bird". It sat in a tree chipping which made it easy to find and sure =
enough, it=20
was the waterthrush. As I moved on a second bird flew towards the first =
and=20
started chipping. I also thought I heard a third chip from another =
direction.=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>When I returned to the parking lot, I heard another waterthrush =
singing=20
this time to the right of the bridge as you face the parking lot. =
Another=20
waterthrush a little farther up was chipping as the other sang.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>other recent arrivals - Eastern Towhee, Field Sparrow, =
Orange-crowned=20
Warbler. Only a couple of shorebirds in Houston Co. Both Yellowlegs and =
Snipe=20
near Wildcat Landing.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rick Hoyme<BR>Hennepin County</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_08C2_01C42A2E.22DA4A90--