[mou] Birding along I-94 to Fargo

Steve Weston Steve Weston" <sweston2@comcast.net
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:51:08 -0500

Hi all,

Last week I posted a message about birding along I-94 and finding a mystery shorebird.  I wish to thank all who responded. I
agree with those who suggested a juvenile Silt Sandpiper.  It fit the description to a T, but the description did not
indicate why I did not consider the Silt Sandpiper: its legs were too short.  but, in retrospect, I realized it was walking
on pond scum, and thus was probably sinking in some.  Again thanks,

Steve Weston on Quigley Lake in Eagan
sweston2@comcast.net