[mou] Northwest Minnesota Birding Report- Friday, December 3, 2004

Chris Fagyal Chris.Fagyal@udlp.com
Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:21:30 -0600

This sickens me.  Why would anyone shoot a Great Grey Owl, an owl whose
primary food are rodents which most people consider pests (voles have a
hasty habit of digging under fresh lawns and creating tracks all through
the lawn..it really looks pretty let me tell ya).  I hope the person
responsible for shooting an Owl gets caught, prosecuted, and stuck in
jail for his/her stupidity.

Chris Fagyal
Senior Software Engineer
United Defense, L.P. ASD
Fridley, MN
(763) 572-5320
chris.fagyal@udlp.com

>>> "Jeanie Joppru" <ajjoppru@wiktel.com> 12/02/2004 20:22:27 PM >>>
[snip]

Owls are again the big news this week. From Lake of the Woods County,
Gretchen Mehmel sent in a secondhand report of two GREAT GRAY OWLS at
Long Point on Lake of the Woods on November 27th. These were spotted
by
a resident there. Jeff Birchem picked up a dead one that had been shot
near Warroad. Two more were picked up by Beth Siverhus after being hit
by cars, and sent to the Raptor Center for rehabilitation. One was
found
east of Clementson along MN 11, and one was picked up 6.5 miles south
of
Warroad on CR12.
[snip]