[mou] Re: [mnbird] Request From Sax Zim Community

Sharon Stiteler sharonks@mn.rr.com
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:01:55 -0600

The meeting was organized by Pam Perry of the Minnesota DNR and the one I
attended was part of a series.  There were representatives from Forestry
Management, Wildlife Management, Minnesota Audubon, Minnesota Birders and
some people just interested.  The question was actually asked yesterday,
"From a birder's perspective, what can we do to make it better when we have
to cut an area?"  Wheels are in motion to try and get the community more
involved and to educated birders about the forestry management that has to
happen and where to find birds as a result and what birders would like to
make it easier to bird safely in the area (sorry for the run on).  Great
things are going to come from these meetings, I'm very excited.

--
Sharon Stiteler
Minneapolis, MN