[mou] (no subject)

Adam Rivkin arivkin@mcad.edu
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 14:36:23 -0600 (CST)

Hello, my name is Adam Rivkin. I live in Hopkins, MN. Recently one of our
house cats decided to climb a large tree next to the road outside of our
house. Her name is Nala and she is a very small cat. We spent a couple of
hours trying to coax her down and she did descend the tree to a point
about 20 feet from the ground. I got frustrated and left but, my mother
got in her car and went to the store to get some tuna. When my mother
returned she saw Nala starting to come down. She pulled her car to te side
of the road and saw what it was that was scaring the cat back down the
tree. On the other side of the road was a massive gray owl stairing
directly at my mother as she picked up the cat. It had been circling over
head for a while apparently. I know these animals only eat mice, but my
cat is very small (about the size of a small rabit.) Is this unusual? Have
any more of these bird been seen this far south (15 minutes away from the
city itself?)