[mou] EC Doves in Swift, N Shrike in La Qui Parle

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:51:24 EST

I refound the Eurasian Collared Doves in Appleton, Swift Cty.  They were just
off Hwy 7 in the residential area across from the grain elevators.  On 7 take
the Rd marked Cty 6 (or E. Haven St.) and veer right on E. Dahlstrom (or a
street that sounds like that).  The birds were on the right side of the road in
the large conifer in front of the peach colored house.  The time was 1:30
12/26 and I was able to get nice scope looks at the pair.

Before finding the doves I saw a Northern Shrike in La Qui Parle County,
along Hwy 75 just south of the intersection with 220th St.

I looked for the reported NHOW and Townsend's Solitaire in Chippewa Cty,
along Cty 32.  I didn't see either one.

Linda Sparling
Hennepin Cty.