[mou] redpolls

Steve and Sherry Watson watsup@boreal.org
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:53:20 -0800

Hello all,

Yesterday I was treated to a very beautiful glimpse of a classic hoary
redpoll on my platform feeder in my front yard.  Today I've been
searching for it but haven't come across it yet though I spread lots of
seed out and have been experiencing common redpolls like I never have
before.  I've estimated a good 150 common redpolls are flocking to my
feeders and filling them so full they are actually walking on top of
each other to get at the food.  It's been amazing but interesting I
haven't seen anything close to a hoary today.  Hopefully he'll show his
self tomorrow.  Anyway I thought this was interesting enough to pass
along.  Good birding,

Josh Watson
Grand Marais