[mou] Brown County

Brian Smith brsmith@sleepyeyetel.net
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 18:05:55 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C3E8EE.094E6920

Hello:

Spent a few hours birding around the Sleepy Eye area this afternoon.  As =
others have recently posted, there have been a lot of Snow Buntings, =
Horned Larks and Lapland Longspurs up along the roadsides since the snow =
has returned.  Today the predominant birds were Horned Larks (they were =
very common) with just a few Snow Buntings and Lapland Longspurs mixed =
in.  The largest flock I spotted was sixty five Horned Larks.

Saw two coveys of Gray Partridge which totaled twenty birds.  Also seen =
were two Rough-legged Hawks, which were perched on telephone poles only =
a hundred yards apart from each other.

Today I spoke with Ron Wels, the property owner that discovered the =
Tufted Titmouse near New Ulm last October.  I hadn't spoken with them =
for over a month and he told me that the Titmouse is still coming to =
their feeders regularly.  I was glad to hear it made it through the =
terrible cold spell.   =20

Brian Smith

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C3E8EE.094E6920

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Spent a few hours birding around the =
Sleepy Eye=20
area this afternoon.&nbsp; As others have recently posted, there have =
been a lot=20
of Snow Buntings, Horned Larks and Lapland Longspurs up along the =
roadsides=20
since the snow has returned.&nbsp; Today the predominant birds were =
Horned Larks=20
(they were very common) with just a few Snow Buntings and Lapland =
Longspurs=20
mixed in.&nbsp; The largest flock I spotted was sixty five Horned=20
Larks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Saw two coveys of Gray Partridge which =
totaled=20
twenty birds.&nbsp; Also seen were two Rough-legged Hawks, which were =
perched on=20
telephone poles only a hundred yards apart from each other.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Today I spoke with Ron Wels, the =
property owner=20
that discovered the Tufted Titmouse near New Ulm&nbsp;last =
October.&nbsp; I=20
hadn't spoken with them for&nbsp;over a month and he told me that the =
Titmouse=20
is&nbsp;still coming to their feeders regularly.&nbsp; I was glad to =
hear it=20
made it through the terrible cold =
spell.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian Smith</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C3E8EE.094E6920--