[mou] SNOWY OWL, Dodge Co.

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:12:02

While birding in Dodge Co today Susan Schumacher, Leslie Marcus, and I found a Snowy Owl at noon hunting low above the ground in a farm field.  We were driving along 690th St between 150th Ave and 140th Ave about 1 mile West of CR 5.  The Snowy Owl was on the south side of the road behind the Red Barn and Silver Silo with the fire number 14037 on the corner of 140th.  It was actively hunting flying a couple feet off the ground back and forth.  You could see it really well in binos, but when it dropped to the snow covered ground we got really good looks in the scope.  What a wonderful surprise for Valentine's Day!

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com