[mou] Status of MN Birds

Dedrick Benz benzdedrick@hotmail.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 03:31:33 +0000

I was excited to get the MOU checklist in the mail today.  I know people
posted, wondering when they would find out the changes in status of MN
birds, and I was surprised that no one responded to these posts, even just
to say, "Hey, you'll get it in the mail in a few weeks."

Anyway, since I had nothing better to do tonight, I noted the changes in
status.  I know, a sick source of pleasure.  In case you don't enjoy this
kind of dirty work, here's a little chart.

UPGRADES:

Accidental ---> Casual
   Black-bellied Whistling-Duck
   Pomarine Jaeger
   Black-headed Gull
   Arctic Tern
   Band-tailed Pigeon
   Sage Thrasher
   Black-throated Sparrow
   Painted Bunting

Accidental ---> Regular  (The express route!)
   Eurasian Collared-Dove
   Great-tailed Grackle

Casual ---> Regular
   NONE!!!  This surprised me; I thought BL Kittiwake, White-faced Ibis, ST
Flycatcher might go.

DOWNGRADES:

Regular ---> Casual
   Cinnamon Teal
   Gyrfalcon
   Worm-eating Warbler

Casual ---> Accidental
   King Rail
   Baird's Sparrow

Regular ---> Extirpated
   Northern Bobwhite - I'm curious how this affects the listing game.  Does
everybody take it
   off their list?

Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN

Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed