[mou] Snowy Plover sleepin' over

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 00:40:53 EDT

Missed the Martins, got the plover.  I arrived at Albany Sewage ponds at 8:30
and observed the Snowy Plover until 9:20 p.m. when my eyes bugged out.  It
was on the shore to the left of the dock as you face the SE pond.  It seemed
pretty settled in - picking along the shore line and on the sand.  A couple of
times it hunkered down as if to sleep.  The other shore birds and duck did not
seem to phase this guy at all.

Thanks to John Hockema for letting me know about the bird and to the others
who found it and got the word out quickly.  Nice county bird.

Linda Sparling
Hennepin County