[mou] MRVAC - Sherburne NWR - Field Trip Report - 6/6/04

EgretCMan@aol.com EgretCMan@aol.com
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 15:51:37 EDT

-------------------------------1086637897

6/6/04

Five of us ventured up to the Sherburne NWR on Sunday afternoon.  We began
the field trip along the Blue Hill Trail and most of the whole group heard and
several in the group had nice but very short looks at the previously reported
Yellow Breasted Chat.  For the remainder of the trip we recorded 7 species of
Warblers, including Golden-winged and Blue-winged Warblers and 9 species of
Sparrow including Lark Sparrows observed along the first half of the Wildlife
drive.  We ended the day in the Sand Dunes State Forest and at about 9:30pm heard
a single Whip-poor-will along the access road to the Lake Ann Campground.
Nice way to finish the day!

@ Yellow-breasted Chat - 3:30pm - along the Blue Hill Trail - Sherburne NWR
@ Whip-poor-will - 9:30pm - Sand Dunes State Forest - near Lake Ann Campground

Craig Mandel - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN

-------------------------------1086637897

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>6/6/04</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Five of us ventured up to the Sherburne NWR on Sunday afternoon.&nbsp;=20=
We began the field trip along the Blue Hill Trail and most of the whole grou=
p heard and several in the group had nice but very short looks at the previo=
usly reported Yellow Breasted Chat.&nbsp; For the remainder of the trip&nbsp=
;we recorded 7 species of Warblers, including Golden-winged and Blue-winged=20=
Warblers and 9 species of Sparrow including&nbsp;Lark Sparrows observed alon=
g the first half of the Wildlife drive.&nbsp; We ended the day in the Sand D=
unes State Forest and at about 9:30pm heard a single Whip-poor-will along th=
e access road to the Lake Ann Campground.&nbsp;&nbsp;Nice way to finish the=20=
day!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>@ Yellow-breasted Chat - 3:30pm - along the Blue Hill Trail - Sherburne=
 NWR</DIV>
<DIV>@ Whip-poor-will - 9:30pm - Sand Dunes State Forest - near Lake Ann Cam=
pground</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=