[mou] Great Gray Owl/Sax-Zim

Pat DeWenter hoocooks4you@yahoo.com
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:10:00 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1515411930-1087427400=:63970

Today we saw a very "tame" Great Gray Owl along McDavitt Rd, southwest of Forbes,  at the northern end of the Sax-Zim bog, as previously reported.   It was perched on a branch about 10 feet off the ground and right next to the road.  As we drove slowly up to it, it just stayed perched and stared at us, until we were parallel to it and about 15 feet away.  And doggone it, I forgot my digital camera today!!

We also had a very cooperative Connecticut Warbler along the same road.

Pat DeWenter
Bemidji/Beltrami Co.
mailto:hoocooks4you@yahoo.com

--0-1515411930-1087427400=:63970

<DIV>Today we saw a very "tame" Great Gray Owl along McDavitt Rd,&nbsp;southwest of Forbes,&nbsp;&nbsp;at the northern end of the Sax-Zim bog, as previously reported. &nbsp; It was perched on a branch about 10 feet off the ground and right next to the road.&nbsp; As we drove slowly up to it, it just stayed perched and stared at us, until we were parallel to it and about 15 feet away.&nbsp; And doggone it, I forgot my digital camera today!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We also had a very cooperative Connecticut Warbler along the same road.</DIV><BR><BR><DIV>
<P>Pat DeWenter<BR>Bemidji/Beltrami Co.<BR><A href="mailto:hoocooks4you@yahoo.com">mailto:hoocooks4you@yahoo.com</A></P></DIV>
--0-1515411930-1087427400=:63970--