[mou] Prothonotary Warbler Ft. Snelling - successful nesting

Terence Brashear birdnird@yahoo.com
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:50:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I was able to locate the nest cavity of the
Prothonotary Warbler reported at Ft. Snelling State
Park.  The cavity is not where it was originally
reported or there is more than one pair nesting in the
area.  I was able to watch both parents carrying food
to the cavity and even from my distant observation
point I could hear the young calling when the adults
approached.  I was able to get the following image
with my 600mm lens and an equivilant x 1.6 conversion
for 960mm of reach.  Makes for safe viewing and little
disruption of the nest site.

http://www.naturepixels.com/images/prothon3.jpg

Regards,

Terry