[mou] International Migratory Bird Day

esteb02@frontiernet.net esteb02@frontiernet.net
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 20:30:10 -0500

The MN Zoo is once again planning on celebrating International Migratory
Bird Day (IMBD) in May. The official IMBD day is the second saturday in
May, but we will be holding our celebration on the first saturday in
May. The official theme this year is "Conservation in Colonial Birds";
http://birds.fws.gov/imbd.html.

I would personally be interested in hearing from local birders on ideas
relating to activities/opportunities that the MN Zoo might be able to
offer to our guests. While IMBD has been observed at the Zoo for
several years now, this will be the first year that I will directly be
involved and I would like to investigate opportunities for local bird
clubs/organizations/individuals to get involved in the celebration at
the Zoo. This might include activities, crafts, booths, demonstrations,
talks, entertainment, etc.  The sky's the limit.

I'm looking for ideas and also wondering what other activities might be
going on locally away from the Zoo to observe IMBD.

Steve Estebo
Avian Zoologist
Minnesota Zoo
(952)431-9321