[mou] Black Dog Lake Ducks, Dakota Co.

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:57:52

This afternoon along Black Dog Lake there were lots of Male Ducks looking marvelous!  Before the rain hit hard out from the observation deck, and both ends of the spillway the lake was covered with ducks.  There were Ring-billed Gulls flying up and back over the lake, and a female Belted Kingfisher.

Ducks seen before the blowing rain got in the way were:
Redhead +35
Ring-necked + 35
Lesser Scaup +50
Hooded Merganser +20
Bufflehead 1 male
Common Goldeneye's and Common Merganser's have been around but with increasing numbers the last week, as have the Canada Geese and Mallard's.

Once again I was reminded to wear rain gear, because when I came back to the car I was soaked and caked with mud, and very happy to have seen the large numbers of migrating ducks...

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com