[mou] Longspurs

Pmegeland@aol.com Pmegeland@aol.com
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:24:50 EST

-------------------------------1079061890

Took a quick trip west this morning. In Renville Co along County 4 and
Redwood Co 9 there were thousands of Lapland Longspurs. Even though the snow is off
the  fields and are bare of snow they were still feeding along the road. There
were hundreds of Horned Larks also. With the very strong winds from the NW
the birds were mostly on the north side of the road. When they flushed the wind
was so strong that numbers of them were being swept in front of cars. I
unfortunately killed a couple and between Renville and Redwood counties there were
probably a dozen and a half birds. Most had been squashed but I picked up a
couple of lightly damaged birds. I have frozen them, does anyone know who might
be interested in these specimens? Non of the birds seen were in bright breeding
plumage but were just starting to show the change.
Paul Egeland
Bloomington,MN

-------------------------------1079061890

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Took a quick trip west this morning. In Renville Co along County 4 and=20=
Redwood Co 9&nbsp;there were thousands of Lapland Longspurs. Even though the=
 snow is off the&nbsp; fields and&nbsp;are bare of snow they were still feed=
ing along the road. There were hundreds of Horned Larks also. With the very=20=
strong winds from the NW the birds were mostly on the north side of the road=
. When they flushed the wind was so strong that numbers of them were being s=
wept in front of cars. I unfortunately killed a couple and between Renville=20=
and Redwood counties there were probably a dozen and a half birds. Most had=20=
been&nbsp;squashed&nbsp;but I picked up a couple of lightly damaged birds. I=
 have frozen them, does anyone know who might be interested in these specime=
ns? Non of the birds seen were in bright&nbsp;breeding plumage&nbsp;but were=
 just starting to show the change.</DIV>
<DIV>Paul Egeland</DIV>
<DIV>Bloomington,MN</DIV></BODY></HTML>