[mou] Southern Minnesota - 3/15/04

EgretCMan@aol.com EgretCMan@aol.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:44:57 EST

-------------------------------1079469897

Spent the day birding in Southern Minnesota with Conny Brunell and Susan
Schumacher.  We tried the locations by Grover's Lake and Hyw 86 in Jackson County
without success for Great-tailed Grackles.  But did turn up a few interesting
species on the way there and back.  Here were some of the species that we
observed.

@ Great Blue Heron - Rice County - Well's Lake
@ Greater White-fronted Goose - Faribault County - Pihl's County Park,
Jackson County - Hyw 86, 1/2 mile south of I 90, Cottonwood County - Mountain Lake,
in the town of Mountain Lake
@ Snow Goose - Jackson County - Hyw 86, 1/2 mile south of I 90
@ Ross's Goose - Cottonwood County - Mountain Lake - a single bird was
observed with the flock of Greater White-fronted and Canada Geese resting on the
lake.
@ Merlin - Jackson County - A single Female Prairie Race (Richardson's)
Merlin was observed sitting on a fence post along an unmarked road, several miles
North of the town of Jackson.
@ Red-breasted Nuthatch - Brown County - Cemetery on West side of New Ulm
@ Lapland Longspur - Jackson County - numerous flocks observed in the Eastern
portion of the county.
@ Common Redpoll - Brown County - Cemetery on West side of New Ulm
@ Pine Sisken - Brown County - Cemetery on West side of New Ulm

Craig Mandel - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN

-------------------------------1079469897

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Spent the day birding in Southern Minnesota with Conny Brunell and Susa=
n Schumacher.&nbsp; We tried the&nbsp;locations by Grover's Lake and Hyw 86=20=
in Jackson County without success for Great-tailed Grackles.&nbsp; But did t=
urn up a few interesting species&nbsp;on the way there and back.&nbsp; Here=20=
were some of the species that we observed.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>@ Great Blue Heron - Rice County - Well's Lake</DIV>
<DIV>@ Greater White-fronted Goose - Faribault County - Pihl's County Park,=20=
Jackson County - Hyw 86, 1/2 mile south of I 90, Cottonwood County - Mountai=
n Lake, in the town of Mountain Lake</DIV>
<DIV>@ Snow Goose - Jackson County - Hyw 86, 1/2 mile south of I 90</DIV>
<DIV>@ Ross's Goose - Cottonwood County - Mountain Lake - a single bird was=20=
observed with the flock of Greater White-fronted and Canada Geese resting on=
 the lake.</DIV>
<DIV>@ Merlin - Jackson County - A single Female Prairie Race (Richardson's)=
 Merlin was observed sitting on a fence post along&nbsp;an unmarked road, se=
veral miles North of the town of Jackson.&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>@ Red-breasted Nuthatch - Brown County - Cemetery on West side of New U=
lm</DIV>
<DIV>@ Lapland Longspur - Jackson County - numerous flocks observed in the E=
astern portion of the county.</DIV>
<DIV>@ Common Redpoll&nbsp;- Brown County -&nbsp;Cemetery on West side of Ne=
w Ulm</DIV>
<DIV>@ Pine Sisken - Brown County - Cemetery on West side of New Ulm</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=