[mou] Snowy Owl/Renville Co.

Brian Smith brsmith@sleepyeyetel.net
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:25:58 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0159_01C414E1.59DADFD0

Sorry this post is late (I was on my way join Kim Eckert's MBW group at =
the time and I didn't get back home until today) but on Saturday, 3-27 =
at 10:45 am I found a Snowy Owl in southern Renville county.  I was =
traveling south on Hwy. 4 when I saw it flying north on the west side of =
the highway.  I turned around as quickly as I could and fortunately it =
landed in a stubble field a few hundred feet from the highway on the =
east side of Hwy. 4.  I was returning from a New Ulm Birders field trip =
near Fairfax at the time and after a few minutes some of the other =
members of the group came by and I was able to flag them down and they =
got good looks at the bird, too.

The Snowy Owl was an adult as it was almost pure white.  The approximate =
location where it was seen was between Renville Co. Rd 77 and 39 (I =
think it was 39 - whatever the next co. road is north of 77, they =
weren't far apart), just a mile or so north of Fort Ridgely State Park.

Brian Smith

------=_NextPart_000_0159_01C414E1.59DADFD0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sorry this post is late (I was on my =
way join Kim=20
Eckert's MBW group at the time and I didn't get back home until today) =
but on=20
Saturday, 3-27 at 10:45 am I found a Snowy Owl in southern Renville=20
county.&nbsp; I was traveling south on Hwy. 4 when I saw it flying north =
on the=20
west side of the highway.&nbsp; I turned around as quickly as I could =
and=20
fortunately it landed in a stubble field a few hundred&nbsp;feet from =
the=20
highway on the east side of Hwy. 4.&nbsp; I was returning from a New Ulm =
Birders=20
field trip near Fairfax at the time and after a few minutes some of the =
other=20
members of the group came by and I was able to flag them down and they =
got good=20
looks at the bird, too.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Snowy Owl was an adult as it was =
almost pure=20
white.&nbsp; The approximate location where it was seen was between =
Renville Co.=20
Rd 77 and 39 (I think it was 39 - whatever the next co. road is north of =
77,=20
they weren't far apart), just a mile or so north of Fort Ridgely State=20
Park.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian Smith</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0159_01C414E1.59DADFD0--