[mou] Sax Zim thought

shawn conrad dingermcduff@hotmail.com
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:04:51 -0600

<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>I hope all who are visiting Sax-Zim for owls this winter are visiting the local businesses (gas stations, restaurants, anything else you can find) in Eveleth, Cotton and elsewhere nearby...and I hope you're wearing your binoculars when you do.&nbsp; For two reasons:</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>1.&nbsp; The economy in this area needs all the help it can get--just pick up the Eveleth paper and look at the help wanted next time you visit.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>2.&nbsp; The people around here need to see that the spruce and tamarack in the bog have monetary value beyond the number of pulp sticks available per acre.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>If we as birders always think about this and make our economic presence known, we have a better shot at having a seat at the table when decisions are being made about how to manage our public land.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Good luck birding,</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Shawn Conrad</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Bovey</DIV></div></html>