[mou] More hummingbird photos

Laura Erickson bluejay@lauraerickson.com
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:01:09 -0600

James Mattsson took some splendid photos today which are on the hummingbird
page <http://www.lauraerickson.com/Birds/NovemberHummingbird.html>.  It was
very cold today, and I don't believe anyone caught her preening or
stretching at all.  This concerns me, because birds stop preening and
stretching when stressed.

Tomorrow I will take Kelly Larson's advice and add some pureed mealworms to
one feeder and see how she likes that.

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

NOTE address change: bluejay@lauraerickson.com

Producer, "For the Birds" radio program
<http://www.lauraerickson.com/>

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of
birds.  There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

                                 --Rachel Carson