[mou] RE: New Owls

Sussman, Karen KSussman@smdc.org
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:35:19 -0600

Ben Yokel asked me to post this for him this morning:

I made a quick run through East/South Melrude today to relocate Joshua's 2
new owls from yesterday, and found several additional owls in the process --
there seems to have been a major new influx of GGOW in response to the
recent arctic blast!  Here are the locations:
59 (Melrude Rd), 4 miles N of 52 (Comstock Lake Rd, on this side of Cotton--
I think I called it Arkola yesterday)
59, 3 miles N of 52
59, 2.5 miles N of 52 (possibly the Berg Lake Rd bird, although yesterday
that bird was still present on Berg Lake Road, 1.5 miles East of this
location, so I suspect a new bird)
59, 1 mile N of 52 -- 2 birds -- the ones Joshua found yesterday
59, 0.5 miles N of 52
52, 1 mile E of 53

Karen Sussman saw an additional Great Gray fly across hwy 53 from east to
west just south of Arkola road at 0730

The Hawkowl at mile marker 33, highway 53 was also back this morning on the
far edge of the spruce bog, east side of road

Hawkowls bwtween markers 43 & 44 also out early--3 seen

Karen