[mou] H. Godwit/ LeConte's Sp--Olmsted County--10/01/04

John Hockema jhockema@hotmail.com
Sat, 02 Oct 2004 17:41:44 -0500

Greetings:

I met my friend Aaron Lang yesterday morning at East Landfill Reservoir from
8am-11am.  We were looking mainly for sparrows and anything else moving in
before the front pushed through.  Birds of note included:

@LeConte's Sparrow--one individual located along the fenceline bordering the
north side of the reservoir.

@Hudsonian Godwit--3 birds flew in as we were visiting at the small parking
area at the north side of the reservoir.  The birds had a wing stripe, white
rump, and black tail which enabled us to separate them from marbled godwit.
The birds never vocalized and never landed.  This was around 11am.  Aaron
then left and I waited for brother Chris to show up.

Chris and I looked for atleast another hour, at times in the pouring rain,
for the godwits but could never relocate them.  We walked most of the
reservoir.  We also checked South Landfill Reservoir and other nearby spots
but no luck!

I apologize for the late report, but I have not been near a computer until
now.

John Hockema
Rochester, MN