[mou] birding in grand marais

Steve and Sherry Watson watsup@boreal.org
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 21:23:35 -0700

Hello All,

	My dad and I did a little birding in the Grand Marais's harbor
today.  It was extremely windy in the harbor with many waves pounding
over the light house; we were hoping the wind would blow in something
unusual.  We didn't find anything to incredible but did find a white
pelican near the docks which was a county bird for me.  We also had a
coot near the coast guard station which seemed fairly unusual
considering the settings it was in.  Not much else but a pair of
Bonaparte's gulls floating on the breeze in the east bay with a bunch of
ring-billed and herring gulls.  It was a fun day despite the cold wind.
Good birding to all,

Josh Watson
Grand Marais

---