[mou] Map Freaks

SFbirdclub@aol.com SFbirdclub@aol.com
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:37:29 EDT

--part1_1c4.1f0ddfba.2e972d39_boundary

Hello All,

I don't know if any of you are Map Freaks or are aware of the cartouches in
each of the DeLorme maps--but each state gets one as the cartographers finish
the map--as a joke reward. DeLorme was called by a member of MDOsprey who
noticed "Chessie,"   the fabled monster of the bay, sketched in Chesapeake Bay.

Anyway, I found Minnesota's and South Dakota's years ago and was taking them
seriously (location of a monument? crop circle? What?).

I'll tell you Minnesota's, but you'll have to scroll down so that those who
might want to find it are not denied their fun.

Doug Chapman   [look below for location of MN's map joke]
Sioux Falls, SD

A Viking Hat, N of N Mankato--pg. 32, E1
SD's is on pg 29 and is a tall prairie chicken on Tall Prairie Chicken Creek.

Others [that I know] on request

--part1_1c4.1f0ddfba.2e972d39_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">Hello All,<BR>
<BR>
I don't know if any of you are Map Freaks or are aware of the cartouches in=20=
each of the DeLorme maps--but each state gets one as the cartographers finis=
h the map--as a joke reward. DeLorme was called by a member of MDOsprey who=20=
noticed "Chessie,"&nbsp;  the fabled monster of the bay, sketched in Chesape=
ake Bay.<BR>
<BR>
Anyway, I found Minnesota's and South Dakota's years ago and was taking them=
 seriously (location of a monument? crop circle? What?).<BR>
<BR>
I'll tell you Minnesota's, but you'll have to scroll down so that those who=20=
might want to find it are not denied their fun.<BR>
<BR>
Doug Chapman&nbsp;  [look below for location of MN's map joke]<BR>
Sioux Falls, SD<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
A Viking Hat, N of N Mankato--pg. 32, E1<BR>
SD's is on pg 29 and is a tall prairie chicken on Tall Prairie Chicken Creek=
.<BR>
<BR>
Others [that I know] on request</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva=
" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_1c4.1f0ddfba.2e972d39_boundary--