[mou] Sabine's Gull at Lake Bemidji

BillyJoe Unzen BillyJoe.Unzen@st.bemidjistate.edu
Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:16:59 -0500

Just after 2pm today Oct 8th I was walking along the shore of Lake
Bemidji in Diamond point park when I spotted an adult basic Sabine's
Gull flying over the lake. It was about 200 yards out and fifty feet over
the water. I saw it for just about three minutes. It came from the
southern edge of the lake and flew pretty much in a straight line for
over a mile into the northern part of the lake. I waited for about 25
minutes but the bird did not circle back to where I could see it again.

I will keep an eye on the lake the rest of the day and will post an update =
if it reappears.

Bill Unzen
Bemidji State University