[mou] Thunder Bay Ont. Sighting

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:34:07 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C4B6CB.009CF840

This is not to far from the Minnesota border.=20

Subject: Fork-tailed Flycatcher at Thunder Bay
From: Nicholas Escott <ngescott AT shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:14:43 -0400

Send bird reports to ONTBIRDS mailing list ONTBIRDS AT hwcn.org
To join or leave ONTBIRDS visit=20
http://mailman.hwcn.org/mailman/listinfo/ontbirds=20

ONTBIRDS Guidelines may be viewed at http://www.ofo.ca/ontbirdsguide.htm

A FORK-TAILED FLYCATCHER has been frequenting two dairy farms outside =
Thunder=20
Bay for two weeks. It was seen briefly today after a 2 day absence. It =
catches=20
flies in the cow barns but is very skittish, flying out the door or =
windows and=20
disappearing. We looked for it this afternoon after the farmer called to =
say it=20
was back, but we couldn't find it. It was cold and windy. The bird has =
survived=20
nighttime temps down to -10 C and the only insects around now are in the =
barn.=20

directions: from Thunder Bay airport take Hwy 11/17 west to Hwy 130, =
turn left,=20
go 6km down 130 to stop sign, go straight onto Hanna Road. bird was seen =
once=20
at farm on left, but has spent most of its time further down at first =
farm on=20
right.=20

Nick Escott
650 Alice Ave.=20
Thunder Bay ON P7G 1W9
(807) 345-7122

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C4B6CB.009CF840

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>This is not to far from the =
Minnesota=20
border. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A name=3D1098244365><B>Subject: Fork-tailed Flycatcher at Thunder=20
Bay</B></A><BR>From: Nicholas Escott &lt;ngescott AT =
shaw.ca&gt;<BR>Date: Tue,=20
19 Oct 2004 21:14:43 -0400<BR><PRE>Send bird reports to ONTBIRDS mailing =
[...]

</PRE><!-- INFO 19 Oct <a href=3D"#1098241451"> Ottawa Fall Bird =
Count</a> ["Christina Lewis" ] <br>=0A=
 --></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C4B6CB.009CF840--