[mou] MOURC membership

Peder Svingen psvingen@d.umn.edu
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 02:20:50 -0500 (CDT)

The Minnesota Ornithologists' Union Records Committee (MOURC) is seeking
one or two new members to replace the individuals whose terms will
conclude at the end of 2004. MOURC implemented term limits nearly a decade
ago, and the committee has added at least one new member annually since
that time. MOU membership and access to e-mail is required of all
committee members. The committee meets face-to-face three times annually
and otherwise conducts its business and votes electronically.

Qualifications for membership on the committee include having skills
related to the identification of Minnesota birds and bird species likely
to occur in the state, knowledge of the status and occurrence of birds in
Minnesota, and familiarity with Minnesota birders and birding locations.
In the past, successful candidates have demonstrated their skills prior to
selection by submitting documentation for bird records to the committee.

If you are interested in becoming a member of MOURC, please write a letter
explaining how you meet the above qualifications, and why you are
interested in serving on the committee. If you would like to nominate
someone else, please include contact information for the person you are
nominating and write a letter explaining the reasons you are nominating
that person. All letters should be sent to me by 1 December 2004, with
electronic submission by e-mail being strongly preferred.

Letters will be reviewed, and new members elected, by the committee at its
meeting in early December; after that meeting, I'll contact each
applicant about the status of his or her application. Please feel free to
contact me for further information about serving on the committee.

---
Peder H. Svingen
MOURC Chairman
2602 East 4th St.