[mou] Possible Screech-Owl in Duluth

Laura Erickson bluejay@lauraerickson.com
Thu, 09 Sep 2004 00:12:38 -0500

I let my dogs out a little before midnight Wednesday night and distinctly
heard an Eastern Screech-Owl somewhere in my backyard.  I will post if I
hear it again, and will try to find it tomorrow if it isn't merely flying
through.  Meanwhile, because of one birder's bizarre rudeness toward me
this spring, my husband does not want birders prowling around our
yard.   But this is a regular neighborhood with small lots, so chances are
if the bird actually sticks around, it will hang out in other yards as well.

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

NOTE address change: bluejay@lauraerickson.com

Producer, "For the Birds" radio program
<http://www.lauraerickson.com/>

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of
birds.  There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

                                 --Rachel Carson