[mou] A-G Plover; C. Moorhen/Brown Co.

Brian Smith brsmith@sleepyeyetel.net
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:40:44 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0143_01C496AD.473C76B0

Hello:

I was curious if any of the Common Moorhens might still be found at the =
previously reported location west of New Ulm and this afternoon I did =
find one of the juvenile birds along the north edge of the marsh.  This =
evening I found three American-Golden Plovers at the Sleepy Eye sewage =
ponds.  They were molting between their breeding and nonbreeding =
plumages. These are the first ones I've seen this fall.=20

I still haven't seen any Buff-breasted Sandpipers this year and I've =
been looking regularly for them at the local airport.  Last fall there =
were good numbers of them around here.  Funny how different migration =
can change from one year to the next.  I guess that's part of the =
challenge that makes birding so interesting. =20

Brian Smith

------=_NextPart_000_0143_01C496AD.473C76B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was curious if any of the Common =
Moorhens might=20
still be found at the previously reported location west of New Ulm and =
this=20
afternoon I&nbsp;did find one of the juvenile birds along the north edge =
of the=20
marsh.&nbsp; This evening I found three American-Golden Plovers at the =
Sleepy=20
Eye sewage ponds.&nbsp; They were molting between their breeding and =
nonbreeding=20
plumages. These are the first ones I've seen this fall.</FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I still haven't seen any Buff-breasted =
Sandpipers=20
this year and I've been looking regularly for them at the local =
airport.&nbsp;=20
Last fall there were good numbers of them around here.&nbsp; Funny=20
how&nbsp;different migration can&nbsp;change from one year to the =
next.&nbsp; I=20
guess that's part of the challenge that makes birding =
so&nbsp;interesting.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian Smith</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0143_01C496AD.473C76B0--